Summer Fun Challenge 2015
Organizing the 2015 Google I/O Extended in Düsseldorf was a great experience!
As always the Google's Developer Group community was super helpful to set up this event.
Many developers and tech enthusiasts from in and around Düsseldorf joined in good spirits, even-though the classic German summer weather tried to sabotage us with a true rain storm. My Respect goes out to all of the people attending and especially to the nine brave teams / participants of this year's Summer Fun Challenge!
The winners were chosen by the 60 guests attending the event. 47 votes were registered through a Google Docs form.
Things I learned during the organization of this event:
- Using Google Hangouts for video conferencing is really fun and feels like we're really in the future now.
- Google Docs forms have a "results summary" view.
- Scrolling in Google Sheets can be optimized. Had some trouble with this during the event.
- People can be super creative and funny at times.
- We have a great team in GDG Düsseldorf.
- Event registrations don't really mean that people will actually attend. We had an attendance rate of 54.13% of RSVP's.
The winners of the Summer Fun Challenge 2015
The attendees voted for these projects.
Best Design & Presentation
|1st||“OpenGrill” by Fritz Elles & Alex Kruck-Kneip||38.3%||code presentation|
|2nd||“Refresh!” by Nenad Natošević & Ognjen Mihajlović||23.4%||presentation|
|3rd||“FREIRAUM” by Georg Bednorz||14.9%||presentation|
|1st||“dim” by Frederik Schweiger||34%||presentation|
|2nd||“FallingAndroid” by Pascal Dornfeld||21.3%|
|3rd||“OpenGrill” by Fritz Elles & Alex Kruck-Kneip||12.8%||code presentation|
This event would not have been possible without the support of these sponsors: Google Developer Groups, Scaratec IT, Rheinfabrik, Appsrise, HRS Hotelsearch, Grandcentrix and Simvelop.
Also big thank you to the team: Ann-Katrin, Frederik, Jens, Randy, Resul and the others who helped set it up.
More about GDG Düsseldorf on the Google+ page: +gdgdusseldorf