Contributing to the Beaker Browser peer-to-peer browser project.
A peer-to-peer browser for Web hackers.
I followed the instructions on the docs.beakerbrowser.com subsite which explain how to get started.
Beaker Browser is delivered as a fork of Chromium and is wrapped inside an Electron app. Much like Patchwork is on Scuttlebutt.
Getting started was straightforward.
- Download and install the application.
- Start the application and Beaker Browser will have created a new profile (Hyperdrive) for you.
- Start editing your profile page:
- Changed the title and the description
- Added a picture as thumb.png
- Copied over HTML, JS and CSS from my existing homepage.
Next steps include:
- ❎ Learn about Web Components
- ❎ Learn more about Hyperdrive and DAT protocol
- ❎ Help test out new Beaker Browser releases.